Best of 2022

During the 2022 school year I have improved a lot by reading 32 books. Out of those 32 books my favorite is Small Spaces by Katherine Arden. This was my favorite book because scary books are one of my favorite types of books and this book was both horrifying and appealing. The plot line kept me hooked because when Ollie (the main character) gets a book from a strange lady that was trying to get rid of it. The book had a daunting story and she needed to figure it out straight away. Ollie also wanted to figure out what her odd bus driver’s words meant. “Best get moving. At nightfall they’ll come for the rest of you.” Before Ollie could  understand his alarming words he had one more piece of advice, “Avoid large places. Keep to small.” There are unexpected turns and it makes chills go down your spine. On top of that, the chapters always leave on some sort of cliffhanger and I always want to know what happens next. People should read this book because it gives you a thrilling and fun adventure along with a creepy feeling. Furthermore, this book stuck with me after I finished it because it keeps you guessing until the end and as the story goes on the more suspense it builds. For example, when Ollie gets an unexpected text on her watch telling her to RUN from the bus never knowing why. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who loves a thrilling and suspenseful adventure. 

After reading many thrilling books, I have some reading goals to make my reading more successful this year.  To start, some genres I would like to start reading more are to read more tragedy/sad books and adventure books this year. From reading small spaces adventure it made me want to read more of these types of books. The last goal I have is by reading during my winter and summer breaks because I don’t normally read during breaks. This way I can reach my goal of reading at least around 50-60 books to improve my reading skills.

This entry was posted in #ReadIt.